Monday, April 17, 2006

Monster Ballads - You know you love it

Let's all admit it people. When the commercial for Monster Ballads comes on, there is a part of you that goes, "Fuckin' Yeah." Monster Ballads rule. I believe that when history looks back on music compilation CD's that Monster Ballads will be known as the best CD ever to be printed. It is the Citizen Kane of CD compilations. The Mona Lisa. The sliced bread. The Double Stuffed Oreo that’s also covered in chocolate of music.

So you’re asking yourself, why is this CD so good? Why could it possible by be the resurrection of Christ in CD form. I’ll tell you why, at least for me. People it deals with the internal paradox that is living within me. Everybody knows that there are two parts of me.

Part 1: The God Damn Butt Kickin’ Party Dude
If you know me, you know I love to party. Party Harty Marty, I always say to Marty. Much like Poison I enjoy Nothin’ But A Good Time or like Warrant, I enjoy Cherry Pie.

Part 2: Sensitive Ass Mother F’er
I admit it. Sometimes I just gotta cry. Gotta get it out. I gotta know, Is This Love. I need to understand it in More Than Words. I guess I just need Something to Believe In.

You see, if these hardcore rockers can take it down a notch, then so can I. I can still be the guy who isn’t afraid to cut a guy for looking at me the wrong way, and then cry a tear because my lady doesn’t understand me.

Thank you Monster Ballads for telling me that it’s okay.

1 comment:

kill secretary kill said...

Awesome!

I meant to send you a personal email, but then I thought, NO! I'm going to share this with the internet world!

So, Dustin (& the Internet World),

You were on fire on Wednesday. Truly. I laughed high and long. Thank you so much for that. Because I really love the laughing and I love it when you make me do it especially.

Love,

Michele