Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Saving Money Is Hard

Do you have any idea how hard it is to save money in this city? You probably do. I mean, when you are paying $5 for a coffee and $10.50 for a movie you know that money is just flying out the door for no reason.

The reason I bring this up is because I've found out today how often people try to scam you. I purchased something over the internet today and they totally lied to me. They added costs they didn't tell me about at first. They told me something cost $125 bucks when I know full well that is should only cost $35. I thought I was going to get a good deal, but instead I just got pissed off.

I'm not mister consumerism and I hate to defend big business, but I am getting a better understanding of why big companies get big. After I told the website to go screw I checked in on a big companies website and they had the same thing, with a long warranty and free delivery for only a few bucks more.

As much as it sucks, Starbucks coffee is really good. The seats at the $10.50 movie are very comfortable and the big chain actually deserves to be a big chain. All those things may be the reason that other countries hate us and why a lot of people here hate us, but they are also why America is so fun. And I like fun.

1 comment:

Margee said...

Starbucks is totally delicious. It burns my ass that it costs $9.87 every time I get a soy latte, but I can't stay away.

The worst culprit is Target. While I like to support my local health food store, I can't help but notice that I can get Froot Leather at Target for half the price and pick up a garden hose and halloween mask at the same time. Boo, big business!