Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Don't Mess With A Good Thing!

Over the last few days I have heard a lot of people talking about their plans for Thanksgiving. One thing has struck me (and by struck me I mean upset me and slightly pissed me off) about the plans I have been hearing. Most of them DO NOT involve eating Turkey. I've heard getting Chinese Food. I've heard making a Ham. I've heard doing nothing at all.

I know I am prone to non fancy or different food, but god darn it all to heck, Thanksgiving is about turkey. The pilgrims came here so we could eat it! Millions of Indians died so we could eat it (there's nothing funny about that. I don't even know why I said it. Genocide does not get funnier as you get further away from it you heartless bastards).

Why do I care? Because America is a melting pot. We have different cultures. Different religions. Different holidays. But we all share Thanksgiving (except for the previously mentioned American Indians. And for the record it's still not funny what happened to them. It's really tragic and immoral). When you start messing with the one tradition we all share you are just being a douche (and by that I do not mean that you make women feel spring fresh in their naughty place).

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: