Monday, January 08, 2007

When You Think About Magic

I was thinking about Magic today. I hope that one day I have the ability to do magic. Now it's very important for you to understand when i say this that when I say "magic" I mean actually doing impossible things. Not being some lame illusionist like David Copperfield or David Blaine.

But if in order to do that magic I need to use a magic wand, I think it might not be worth it. Let's just get real for a second here folks, the magic wand is the pocket protector of magic. Shooting fireballs out of your hands, now that's cool. I would shooting fireballs out of my hands all day long if I had that power. But having to take out a dinky little stick to shoot a fireball. By the time I reached into my bag, took the stick out of it's sheath (If I am going to have a wand I am not going to get it scuffed) and pointed it the whatever needed fireballin' I would have probably already lost interested (or eatin by the thing that needed fireballin' because fireball necessitating things are usually good at sneaking up on you).

And don't even get me started on potions...

1 comment:

Margee said...

Dustin, you should look into dipping yourself in radioactive goo, if you really want some special powers. It worked for the Ninja Turtles.

AND, did you ever see the VMAs where Jack Black gave an acceptance speech and said: "David Blaine... your magic is real and I believe in you!" Good stuff.