Sunday, January 22, 2006

Homeless Conversation

Last Wednesday i had one of the most unusual encounters with a homeless person that I have ever had. I was standing on the platform, waiting for the train as I am one to do. I had a show that night so I was going through my set in my head. I accidently made eye contact with a homeless woman.

For those that live in the city, you know what that means. We're friends now. I knew the second we made eye contact that she was going to speak to me. I wondered what she was going to say. I hoped she was not an angy woman. I personally was pulling for religion. I don't mind being called a sinner every know and then, it's probably true.

So there I am, ready for a crazy homeless woman encounter. She smiles as me. None of the teeth in her mouth were the same color or pointing in the same direction.

She turns to me and in the most articulate (if not english) voice I had heard in a while she says, "that shirt looks really good o on you. Most men are afraid to wear purple, but you really pull it off." I could not have been more startled if she told me she was an alien.

She continued to tell me that I should also try pink or lavender because she also thought I would look good in those colors. And you know what, I DO!

So not all homeless people are crazy. Some are very helpful.

No comments: