Thursday, December 15, 2005

My watch

The battery to my watch died last week. This week has been hell! I am a slave to time. Deadlines. Rehearsals. Lunch. I need to know the time for all these things. Without a watch I am screwed. Now some may say that you can see the time almost anywhere you look. That's true. But I like it on my wrist.

There are many people who don't like to wear a watch. How do they live? With some many things based on time it seems like you would be late all the time. Do they think they are too cool to be on time? Listen my friend. Being late is UNCOOL!

Am I some how a square for wanting to know the time? Am I a square for wanting to be punctual. Am I a square for using the word square?

I don't believe in fashionably late. Well, I mean I have heard of it. I've seen people try to do it. But I think it's better to be fashionably early. So that when the host is all worried that no one is going to come, there you are to pay them back for the party. As a host, do you ever like the fashionably late people? No. You don't. You like the person who comes 20 minutes after the party is supposed to start and brings beer and chips. And who wears a watch.

I need a new battery soon. Time, I miss you....

No comments: