Wednesday, December 07, 2005

One Of The Worst Ideas Ever...

So I read an article today explaining that Coke was coming out with a new drink. If you know me, you know I love coke. I cut them all sorts of slack because the drink tastes so good. But now they are going to far.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/food/2005-12-07-coke-products_x.htm

Coke is developing Coke-Cola Blak. A coffee flavored soft drink. No! I say you can not do that Coke. I forgave you for New Coke. I forgave you for putting lime in Coke. I sort of like Vanilla Coke (which is no more incase you didn't know). But you can't just do whatever you want. You must stop the insanity!

Coffee and sort drinks do not match. Both have their own place. Both are good, but not together. For example, I like Jell-o, and I like baked ziti. But if you put jell-o in my baked ziti I am going to be mad. Same for coffee in my coke.

It's a slippery slope people, first they put coffee in your coke, next people are marrying dogs. We've got to stop it now!

3 comments:

Dan McInerney said...

Dustin, you know I love you, but you are playing into their hands. Coke is a constant, but the American public is easily distracted. Even though they love Coke, they'll start drinking Snapple or Mountain Dew Code Red, or some other such thing, and as a result drink less Coke. So every few years, Coke does something seemingly crazy, and everyone flips out and to prove to Coke how much they like the original Coke, they buy more Coke. Coke acts apologetic and quietly takes the offending product off the market and then sits back and watches the cash roll in. People argue whether the whole New Coke/Coke Classic fiasco was intentional on Coke's part or not, but even if it wasn't, they learned from it. Coke knows that no one will buy coffee flavored soda, but it gets everyone talking about Coke.

Plus they have a death squad, so I'd shut my mouth if I was you.

Buddy said...

Dan is right. Coke is evil. Everyone should kill themselves now before you die at the hands of the evil machine. Kill yourselves!

Dan McInerney said...

That wasn't want I said, but it was what I was thinking. It's like you can see into my soooooooooooul!