Friday, September 22, 2006

Don't Send My Regards to Broadway

I haven't been to a Broadway in a while. Odds are you haven't either. Today I had to head over to the area to buy tickets to a show for my parents. (it's their 25th anniversary. Way to go them!!!). I got them tickets to Jersey Boys (don't worry, they already know about it. It's the only thing that they wanted so it was what I had to get.)

When i got to the ticket office I found out that the soonest you could get any two seats anywhere in the theater was 4 months away. The soonest you could get them in the first 5 rows of the mezzanine was mid March. God damn it!

Okay, maybe it's a good show (although i doubt it) but think about that for a moment. There are about 600 Seats in the theater, 8 shows a week and 25 weeks before I can buy a mezzanine seat. That's 120,000 people seeing this show. And that's at an average of $100 a seat.

I produce a show, which is very funny and free and I can barely get 20 people in the door for an average show. Come on Jersey Boys. Stop taking all the people. Just give me something like 50 a week. That will have no effect on you at all, but to me, I will be happy every week.

If I ever see you walking down a dark street Jersey Boys, I am going kick your ass.

No comments: