Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Mets Win...so that happened.

Tonight I saw the New York Mets clich the N.L. East title for the first time in (I have no idea) years. I'm a Yankees fan, so to be honest with you I didn't really care all that much about the Mets doing well but hell, I'm from New York, so Go New York, Go New York, Go New York, Go!

Here's my question, and please if you know the answer respond, who do we still do the Daan danta da CHARGE! chant. I understand "We Will Rock You". I understand that Gary Glitter song, but the Charge thing, isn't that from the Revolutionary war? We're still using chants from the revolutionary war? I think we can put that to bed at this point. Haven't we learned that other than America's independence, everything that people did, said and every way they acted was wrong. Slavery. Getting really pissed about Tea. Cobbling.

Stay tuned for tomorrow when I will be blogging my list of fun things I like to yell at baseball games that I think other people should yell out too.

No comments: