Thursday, November 17, 2005

But It's Tradition...

Everyone has their own traditions. Most of the time they are comforting. They remind you of an earlier time. They bring people together. But there are others that are just annoying. Here is one of mine that sucks.

Every year on the Friday after Thanksgiving all of my high school friends and I get together and play football. For most people that one be fun. I hate it. I am not good at football....at all. And it is always super cold. And I always ruin my clothes. And most people don't want to play. But it's tradition, so every year we do it. The reason that everyone gives for playing is, "well we always do." So? Let's change it. How about the new tradition is that everyone gives me 50 dollars, and after the first year I can say, well you have to because that's what we do, we give me money.

Fight sucky traditions. Don't let people make you do things. Or at least make it so I benefit financially from whatever it is.

No comments: