Thursday, November 03, 2005

Pay Attention Random People!

So I was picking up my clothes at the laundromat the other day. Yes I drop of my clothes. It's my way of treating myself. My time is imporant to me. I don't want to waste any of it looking at a washing machine.

So I walked into the place and gave my ticket to the unhappy lady behind the counter. There were about 8 other people there doing their own laundry. They also seemed pretty unhappy. (See why I just drop off and pick up. I don't want to be one of those unhappy people.) As I was waiting for the lady to find my bag (for the record it was directly behind her and I tried to point that out, but she was having none of it) a new song came on the radio. That song, "Dirty Laundry" by Don Henley.

Remember, I am in the laundromat and the song "dirty laundry" is playing. That's...well, not funny, but enjoyable. It's something you notice. You smile. You say, "hmmm, that's cool. What are the odds of that?". But there was no reaction from anyone. Like they didn't even notice.

Come on. It deserves a reaction of some kind. Laundromat, "dirty laundry". Seriously people, notice these things. Think about all the other things you may be missing. Like your ability to look into the future. "But Dustin" you say, "I can't look into the future." To which I say, "Maybe you can, but you just haven't noticed it because you were too busy thinking about eating or that cute person who's naughty parts you want to touch with your hand, face and naughty parts."

Will I go back to that laundromat? Maybe. Will it ever be the same for me? No way!!!!

No comments: