Monday, November 28, 2005

I'm Not Telling You What I Am Thankful For!

I like the Thanksgiving thing. Everyone gets together. They eat. They talk about life. It's nice. It makes families all warm and cozy. But I was thinking, why don't we have a day of resent. I mean think about it. If you ask me what I am thankful for I really need to think about it. Sure, there's health. Loved ones. Employment. But I mean, who wants to sit around a table and talk about that stuff. LAME!!! But if you ask me about what I resent, I will say "pull up a chair friend and let me tell you a tale'"

Or how about a day of taking things for granted. I say "thank you" like 100 times a day (yes, I am very polite). I want a day where someone could hold a door open for me and I say, "damn straight, bitch!" That would be a day that I could get behind. And you wouldn't have to change much. Family already takes each other for granted. Oh, you worked two days cooking? I brought over a box of cookies. Now we're even. It's happening all the time people.

I say we make August 15 "Taking Things for Granted Day" since there are like no holidays in August and we make it a Wednesday and just assume that we would get off both Thursday and Friday. (You get it, we would take for granted that they would give us those days off. I'm such a card.)

Then we make Resent day February 29th. That way we can Resent the fact that it only happens once every four years. I'm going to start a petition. Here I go. See you later.

1 comment:

Buddy said...

this one is hilarious