Monday, November 14, 2005

Sometimes I Is Stupid

No matter how hard I try to be smart, I ain't (sometimes). Last week I proved it. But I am not sure I am the only one who has even done this thing I am about to explain. If you have done it, please let me know so I don't feel so bad.

I was heading towards the subway and on my way through the turnstyle when I just totally forgot that you need to pay to get on the subway. I walked full speed into the metal bar. Mind you, I was in the middle of time square so there was a bunch of people behind me. All looking at me as though I was a complete idiot and I was. How the hell did I forget you need to pay to get on the subway? The scary thing is that this was not the first time that happend. I felt stupid.

Eventually I used my metrocard and got on the train. When the train came to my stop I took one step off before I realized that we had not infact pulled into my stop, but we were one stop short. And the same people who saw me forget to pay for the subway now were watching me not know where the hell I was going. I could feel their eyes roll.

So when you are looking at people on the subway and you see some idiot doing something stupid, realize it may be me.

No comments: