Sunday, February 26, 2006

Screw the Sex Pistols

That's right, I said it! Screw the Sex Pistols. They just turned down an induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. I know, I know. It fits in with the whole Anarchy thing. But guess what Sex Pistols, you were never that good. It was the time and place that you came up.

You made one frinkin' album. One. And you think you are the best thing to happen to rock ever? Pearl Jam make 2 great albums. Guns N' Roses made 1 and 1/2. You made one. So when the R&R HOF calls, you show the fuck up and say thank you. You weren't geniouses. You were crazy people who could play music. Like Charles Manson but not as charasmatic.

Granted Bob Seger and The Sex Pistols should not be attending the same ceremony. I'll give them that. But then punch Bob Seger when you see him.

And why aren't they dead. They should be dead. I don't wish death on them, but I can't figure out how they are alive. They're all like 50. And in all that time, they only wrote one album. They say because they never needed to write another one. Well, you're wrong...Stupid Sex Pistols.

No comments: