Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Swept Away...By Curling


















Curling Fever, it's an epidemic people. The country can't get enough. From the "Curl Girls" Cassie and Jaime Johnson to Pete Fenson and Joey Polo, Curling has been rocking everyone's world. Or maybe just mine.

So far it has been bitter sweet. The girls only managed to win one game. If only Cassie was as good at Curling as she was at looking good, she would have won all her games (that picture is her). But the men are doing well and if they win on Friday they could bring home the first ever US Curling Medal. So that's something

But here is the thing I found out. All the people on the girls team and all the people on the men's team are all from the same town. ALL OF THEM. A town of 20,000 people has given us all the Curling people. I very much doubt that all the best curlers in the world the US come from there. Which makes me think...I should move to that town and become a curler.

I could be 4 years away from representing the United States in Curling. How hard can it be. It's shuffleboard on ice. Granted, I am not very good a shuffleboard. But I am decent at hockey. So that's got to mean something.

But I want to be a rock & roll curler. I am all about talking shit during the game. Playing music. Picking a team name that will inspire fear like "The Curl Killers" or "The Enders" (because each inning is called an "end"). And of course I would have a sterling silver skull on the end of by broom.

Curling world, you are about to be rocked. And if anything ever happens between my girlfriend and I, then Cassie, you are also about to be rocked....(maybe, I am okay with us just getting to know each other. You know, learning about each other and seeing if we have anything in common. Seeing if we share common views and goals. Appreciating each other as people. But again, that's only if something happens to my girlfriend, whom I love very much)

No comments: