Tuesday, October 18, 2005

After everyone has gone home.....

Am I the only one who thinks that the office is a scary place late at night? Like after everyone has left. There is always one place where the lights are turned off where they are not normally turned off. That part of the office is petrifiying. Like there is some killer that came in while everyone was at lunch and is just waiting to kill the person who didn't finish thier work on time. I'll bet one day a boss is going to do that, stay late and kill an employee. That way everyone works harder during the day so they don't have to stay late

The worst is if you are in an office with motion sensor lighting, because then you could be sitting there trying to get some stupid spreadsheet to format correctly (and you knew how to do it yesterday and you swear you are doing the exact same thing, but the damn thing won't listen) and then the light next to your desk goes off. All on it's own. You know it's the motion sensor....at least you hope it is.

I once was leaving and on my way out I heard someone's radio playing, but no one was there. That will stop you cold. Maybe they were listening when they were killed! People don't just leave radios on. I did a survey. The worst part was that it was on the oldies station. Something about the oldies station says you are going to get stabbed in the face to me.

So that's why I always try to finish my work on time, so I don't get stabbed in the face.

No comments: